Monday, June 11, 2007

The Rocking Chair Method!

PRISM may have said put away your scales but it didn't say anything about rocking chairs and tape measures! My boys have a child size rocking chair in their bedroom. According to Garin's tape measure the width of that chair is 12.5 inches at its widest point and 11.5 at its skinniest point. What does this have to do with PRISM? Well, last night wanting to sit somewhere besides the floor for evening devotions, I tried to squeeze my caboose into that rocking chair. It's never worked in the past but last night I was surprised to find both caboose cheeks firmly planted (although uncomfortable) in the base of that rocking chair. And when I say firmly I mean it was hard to stand up without the whole chair coming with me. But who cares? Success is success! Even if I cant look at a scale, I do now have a place to sit for devotions.

0 comments: