Monday, June 18, 2007

Gravel Mouth

Week 3 lesson 5 really encouraged me and so I thought I would share about it with you.

Never been a closet eater. Yet when I read the verses from proverbs they hit me pretty hard. "The women folly sits at the door.... calling out...let all who are simple come in here! Stolen water is sweet and food eaten in secret is delicious!" So often we have this voice inside our heads that says eat it it's ok it won't really be bad for you. It really helped to give that voice a name... and that name is folly, it is sin, and not good! And Prov. 20:17 Food gained by fraud tastes sweet to a man, but he ends up with a mouth full of gravel. Unhealthy food does not satisfy. And I never thought of that as biblical.

I pray you keep up the good work, That you notice a difference. KNow that you have encouraged me by starting this group and I know many others as well. Don't listen to folly. Listen to our LORD.
You are blessed,
Laura May

1 comments:

Monica said...

Hi Laura,
Thanks for the email! I get so encouraged just knowing there are others out there going through the same thing. I also was impacted by that lesson and although I never considered myself a closet eater I discovered that I probably was. Hard thing to learn about yourself. Thanks for the email and I'll see you tonight. Monica