Saturday, June 28, 2008

RAW Lemon Cookies

I used less lemon than it called for and was glad I did. The cashews, agave and coconut are a great base for any flavor so if you try this I would encouraging experimentation. I hope it wasnt a mistake to bring these to our meeting last week; I think I just had to prove to myself that RAW could be fun as well as healthy :)


Makes 12 small tart, chewy lemon macaroons type cookies
.
Ingredients

* 1 cup cashews, soaked for 4 hours
* zest of 1 lemon
* ½ cup fresh lemon juice, (approximately 2 lemons)
* 1 cup dry shredded unsweetened coconut
* ¼ cup agave

Preparation

1. Process cashews in food processor until they are pasty in consistency.
2. Mix in all other ingredients.
3. Place 1 tablespoon cookie dollops on a dehydrator sheet.
4. Dehydrate for approximately 12 hours at 105°F (could also dehydrate at 115°F for 8-10 hours with similar result).
5. Enjoy!

0 comments: