Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Yes, it is that bad

I've been kidding myself for the past year that my weight isn't that bad.  Really, in the overall scheme of things, I'm not that overweight.  Andy and I lost some weight around the holidays, because he had finally been put on meds for his high blood pressure.  That was great for a couple of months, and then I got busy and didn't have time for meal planning, shopping, and cooking.  So, I gained all the weight back of course.  Still, I told myself it wasn't that big of a deal, I'm still not THAT big.  Last week, the whole family spent the week up at Family Camp in Idyllwild.  At the end of the week, the director showed a slideshow of the pictures he took of people throughout the week.  After seeing myself in three or four pictures (do I really look like that from the side?), I was a little disgusted with myself.  I decided I can't kid myself anymore, and I don't want to lie to myself anymore.  I don't want to set unrealistic goals, I don't want to be a waif, and I don't want to obsess over food.  Still, I have to do something.  I'm going to restart the Flat Belly Diet, which is what I did in the winter.  Of the different eating plans or diets I've done, this is my favorite by far.  Now that our move is over, I'm also going to start working out again (we live closer to a nicer gym type facility).  I'm going to take my measurements again as soon as I unpack whatever box my tape is in, but my weight today is 151, and I'm a size 8, fitting a little snugly.  I'm putting that out there to share with you all, I hope that you are having much more success than I have been!

0 comments: